Friday, March 21, 2008

Reading Robots Historically

Here are a couple of posts by a former student of mine, Dave Lester, that will be of most use for my students when we're reading Marge Piercy's He, She and It after spring break, but illustrate so well the "significant distortions of the present" and "histories of the future" ideas that structure our syllabus that I had to link to them here on the eve (well, late afternoon) of spring break!

p.s.--Dave, if you happen to come across this post, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my call for a video game studies summer camp over at Citizen of Somewhere Else.... I'm sure this will be of absolutely no interest to my current students, which is why I'm addressing this p.s. solely to you.

p.p.s.--speaking of robots....

p.p.p.s.--and uprisings....

2 comments:

Dave Lester said...

Uprisings looks awesome! What a good find. I'll post about the video game studies summer camp on the other thread. Thanks for the plug!

The Constructivist said...

Thanks, yourself, Dave. Keep up the excellent work!