Sunday, October 11, 2009

Comics

As a child growing up I grew up with the love for the comics "Peanuts". I enjoyed watching movies such as The Great Pumpkin and A Charlie Brown Christmas. I loved being able to read the comics on Sundays with my mom. We grew a bond to the comics and movies and I have loved them ever since.
Wikipedia explains them as "the most shining example of the American success story in the comic strip field" which was brought about by "the great American unsuccess story". I think this is extremely true. Charles M. Schulz became an extremely popular household name. He was known for his comics, and they quickly grew into more than just a comic. They grew into books, movies, toys, and other products. The extreme fad that grew of this has become something known for many kids still today. This is not just a single generation kind of comic. They have been around and will continue to be around.
The Peanuts comic is continuing fight against life for a group of kids. There is a kid who can basically represent every kind of student you had in your class. They are a representation of every ones childhood. This is still true for todays life. This is why it will live on and on.
I wish they would produce more comics. When he died they decided they were just going to run the old ones and not produce new. It is hard to say what will happen with Peanuts. I love the movies and feel they should be run when their holidays happen. I love the Peanuts and feel that they should be carried into the future with us!!!

No comments: