Friday, December 18, 2009

Donaldson Post

I just want to say that I share everyone's collective annoyance, and hatred for this series. Everything about it really got to me, from the rape scene at the beginning, to the smug pompous picture of Donaldson at the back of the book. I can't recall a single thing about this book that I enjoyed what so ever. In fact, I can’t recall much about this series at all. After reading the first one, and being completely alienated by the fact that he simply just wakes up the end, I set the book down, walked away from it, and refused to pick up the other ones. I tried to start them both but I would get about 50 pages in, and then I’d realize that I just could not make it happen.

I was happy to learn through the class discussions that he never does redeem himself in the end of the series. The whole reason I finished the first book was to see if he would redeem himself, to see if Donaldson could justify the existence of this crap-set of novels, but nope. The only thing that pissed me off more than the book itself was the fact that bookstore would not take it back. I wanted to donate it, but then I realized that the less fortunate have no need to be even further less fortunate still… The second I get home tomorrow, I am lighting it on fire and sending it straight to hell, where poorly written crap like this belongs.

No comments: