Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tolkien

My analysis of Tolkien's The Fellowship of the Ring is that it is very boring. As a person not interested in this form of fantasy i feel that reading only the fellowship is a little bit pointless. I find this book sort of redundant and boring. I have no interest in reading this series and the fact that we are only reading one book of an entire saga is very pointless. I feel like Tolkein though a genius of literature drags on the first novel of the series. The fellowship is a very dry written novel with little point especially when there is the entire rest of the series which said to be more exciting and very much more interesting to read. In the fellowship there are too many characters introduced at one time and to many different perspectives and things happening at once to capture a reader first off. The beginning of the novel is so dry that it surprises me anyone could read the entire thing with out falling asleep. My suggestion would be to read all of the books in the Lord of the Rings saga and not just the first one because it's not that exciting and you feel kind of lost in the thicket while reading.

No comments: